Ginger kashayam (Ayurveda/ Siddha):
Uses of ginger kashayam (ginger soup):
- Ginger kashayam fights common cold, flu and infections.
- It cures nausea and vomiting, mainly due to indigestion.
- It treats morning sickness in pregnant women.
- Muscular pains reduce, due to anti inflammatory action of ginger.
You can see more uses of ginger here.
- Ginger – 2 inches piece
- Honey – 1 teaspoonful
- Take 2 inch piece of ginger and scrap off the skin.
- Grind it to a paste in blender (mixie).
- Take 8 oz. water and mix with the paste.
- Heat it till the liquid is reduced to half the original quantity (4 oz).
- Cool it down. Add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix well.
This measurement can be doubled or tripled according to your needs.
Caution: Ginger kashayam will be spicy, despite adding honey. Please drink as it is, to get maximum benefits. If you are not able to drink as it is, you can dilute it with water or juice, according to your taste.
Adults: 4 oz.
Kids till 12 years of age: 1-2 oz.
Infants: upto 1 teaspoonful.
Always take it on empty stomach in the morning to get maximum benefits. Make it a habit to drink it once a week to see best results.
No side effects except that it makes body a little warmer.