Thirikadugam is a mixture of Sukku (dry ginger), Thippilli (long pepper) and Milagu (pepper).
Uses of Thirikadugam:
- Ginger fights common cold, flu and infections.
- It also cures nausea and vomiting, mainly due to indigestion.
- Ginger and Long pepper are known for their anti inflammation properties.
- Pepper is known for mucus dilution and nasal congestion relief.
- Ginger – 2 inches piece
- Pepper – 4-5
- Long pepper – 4-5
- Honey – 1 teaspoonful
- Take all ingredients except honey and dry in sunlight for 2-3 days.
- Ginger may take longer time. You can make it into smaller pieces to quicken drying process.
- Grind them in a blender.
- Store the powder in airtight jar.
- Whenever required, add 1 teaspoonful of honey and take it.
This measurement can be doubled or tripled according to your needs.
Caution: This powder will be spicy, despite adding honey.
Adults: 1/2 teaspoon.
Kids till 12 years of age: 1/4 teaspoon.
Infants: upto 1 pinch.
Always take it on empty stomach in the morning to get maximum benefits.
No side effects except that it makes body a little warmer.